YouVersion Software Engineer
LifeChurch.tv is making a lasting difference around the world by leading people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. We are one church in multiple locations, meeting in five states and globally at Church Online. We are risk-taking, irrationally generous, spiritual contributors who bring our best, laugh hard, and honor God with integrity. You can be part of this growing and dynamic church.
The YouVersion team is looking for a unique individual to serve as a Software Engineer. With more than 125 million installs of the Bible App and 2.5 million installs of the newly released Bible App for Kids, the YouVersion team continues to grow and evolve in an effort to appropriately steward the opportunities brought our way.
If you are excited about using technology to help people become fully devoted followers of Christ, keep reading for details.
- Great at solving large, complicated, and brain-melting technology problems
- Skilled in managing time, details, and deadlines
- Willing to do whatever it takes to help your team succeed
- Consistently seek to learn and grow personally and professionally
- Work in warp speed and enjoy variety
- Skilled in Python (experience with PHP is a plus)
- Proficient in RDBMS (PostgreSQL or similar) and NoSQL (Redis, MongoDB, Neo4j, AppEngine datastore or similar)
- Act as key engineer on our API team – planning, building, and delivering highly scalable infrastructure and services to meet the demand of our users
- Engage as an active contributor within our agile development process
- Collaborate with design, platform, and product teams to ensure the continuous delivery of high quality and reliable software
- Take ownership of projects and oversee them with minimal direction
- Manage schedules and duties to efficiently meet the needs of the organization in the pursuit of helping others becoming fully devoted followers of Christ
The cherry on top:
- You can translate English into Binary
- Brewing your morning coffee requires at least seven different apparatuses, none of which are a coffeemaker
- Your root@localhost password is the chemical formula for caffeine
If you're convinced you're the right person for the job, send us your resume and convince us.